Congratulations to Sean Kelleher, our June 2022 member of the month here at Viking Athletics. Sean is enjoying his new found consistency with training, and when he’s not at the gym, he enjoys traveling, golfing, and brewing beer. Learn more about him below!
1) What are your hobbies/interest/talents outside of the gym?
When I’m not at the gym, you can find me brewing beer, golfing, traveling to a new place, doing home DIY projects, and hanging out with my dog.
2) Share with us one thing that most people do NOT know about you?
I’m red/green colorblind so don’t judge my gym outfits when they don’t match.
3) How long have you been with us at Viking Athletics?
Since July 2021
4) Take us back to your first week here. How did you feel? Remember the workout?
I was so sore and never thought that I would have enough hip mobility. I don’t remember the workout, but I remember having to do squats (might have been overhead squats?) on the edge of the pavement to elevate my heels.
Editor’s Note: This was on-ramp session 3, with overhead squats.
5) What moment/achievement are you most proud of at Viking Athletics?
I have never been this consistent at the gym in my whole life. I am proud about getting to a point where I can do many of the workouts Rx.
6) Design your perfect workout?
Oof, this is tough, but I’d say a high volume burner that requires some endurance. Maybe something with lots of pull ups, pushups, and running…
7) What is your least favorite movement?
8) Summarize your lifestyle in 5 words or less.
One vacation to the next
9) Have you experienced any changes in your lifestyle since joining Viking Athletics?
Eating a bit better and staying injury free has been great.
10) What advice do you have for anyone who is thinking about joining or who has recently joined?
Just keep coming to the gym. It is especially important on the days you don’t feel like it.