Nutrition in a Nutshell
by Erik Castiglione
While nutrition can be a very complex subject, most people are looking for simple solutions. To help you out, here is our philosophy, or, if you will, nutrition in a nutshell.
General Nutritional Guidelines:
- Eat a quality protein at every meal. Try to stick to the serving sizes below.
- Eat a veggie at every meal, and eat as many as you want. If you don’t generally like veggies, start with the serving size recommended below.
- Eliminate hyper-palatable foods that fire up the reward circuitry in the brain. YOU KNOW WHAT THESE ARE! (pizza, chips, cookies, etc.).
- Eliminate Sugary drinks that pack a ton of calories with virtually no nutritional value.
- Massage your carbohydrate and fat intake based on your goals. If you’re not sure where to start, start with the servings recommended below.
- Try to keep the majority of your carbohydrates in your pre and post training meals.
- Do this 80+ % of the time, and you won’t look like the same person in 12 months.
Basic Serving Size Guide