Congratulations to Meghann Zapcic-Desrochers, our August member of the month here at Viking Athletics! Meghann is a member of our Viking Barbell Club. Outside of lifting, she loves to read and participate in outdoor activities. Keep reading to learn more about Meghann!
1) What are your hobbies/interest/talents outside of the gym?
I love being outside doing everything from camping and hiking to sitting by a fire relaxing and reading. I
also love baking from recreating my grandmothers recipes to coming up with my own and canning her
secret jam recipes. I also love cuddling with my cat or horse after a long day working as an EM resident
2) Share with us one thing that most people do NOT know about you?
I read super quickly and have read over 250 books since January!
3) How long have you been with us at Viking Athletics?
2 years with the coolest barbell club!
4) Take us back to your first week here. How did you feel? Remember the workout?
I can’t remember the workout, but it was like coming home with a fantastic new oly family. I had been out of the gym so long between the beginning of Covid and moving to start residency that it was the missing piece to finally getting settled in the area and now I can’t imagine life without this crew!
5) What moment/achievement are you most proud of at Viking Athletics?
Finally being able to drop under my cleans again and reaching full depth with knee or ankle pain thanks to the lovely Sarah’s programming. Now that I know I can do it after rehabbing my ankle the last time I broke it, I know I’ll come back from this broken ankle even stronger and be ready to hopefully compete next year!
6) Design your perfect workout?
Picking up and putting down some heavy weights preferably deadlifts, hip thrusts and clean and jerks!
No running allowed.
7) What is your least favorite movement?
8) Summarize your lifestyle in 5 words or less.
Make every day count
9) Have you experienced any changes in your lifestyle since joining Viking Athletics?
I’ve made keeping active and training a priority! I realized how important it was to my brain when I had lost this outlet so I always make it a point to get in movement whether it be around a crazy work schedule or a broken limb.
10) What advice do you have for anyone who is thinking about joining or who has recently joined?
Trust your coaches and share your goals with them! They’re there to help you so let them and recognize that their feedback is only there to make you better.