Congratulations to Leuween Beattie, our May 2023 member of the month here at Viking Athletics! Leuween has made some positive life changes by finding consistency in the gym. Outside of the gym, Leuween enjoys exploring – both the outdoors, and local coffee shops/restaurants/and bars. Keep reading to learn more about her!
1) What are your hobbies/interest/talents outside of the gym?
Outside of the gym I love painting, exploring the outdoors and finding great coffee shops/cocktail bars/restaurants, all recommendations welcome.
2) Share with us one thing that most people do NOT know about you?
My 15 mins of fame was being featured on Irish national tv making butter.
3) How long have you been with us at Viking Athletics?
I joined Viking Athletics in November shortly after we moved to the States from Toronto.
4) Take us back to your first week here. How did you feel? Remember the workout?
My first drop in at Viking was a 4pm Thursday class that nobody else showed up to. So, I got a one-on-one session with Erik. That hour made me sure this was the gym I needed to join.
5) What moment/achievement are you most proud of at Viking Athletics?
There’s been so many since I joined, like actually enjoying a running workout. But I’m most proud of the development I’ve seen in my Olympic lifts. Feeling more comfortable dropping under my cleans has been such a break through.
6) Design your perfect workout?
High Box Jumps (a new fav!)
Hanging Knee Raises (chasing those T2B)
7) What is your least favorite movement?
Definitely burpees. Not sure that will ever change.
8) Summarize your lifestyle in 5 words or less.
Adventurous, new beginnings, fun and balance.
9) Have you experienced any changes in your lifestyle since joining Viking Athletics?
The consistency I’ve been able to achieve since joining has sky rocketed my progress. I’ve also found a balance of challenging myself and progressing in the gym while still exploring this new home and life here in the States.
10) What advice do you have for anyone who is thinking about joining or who has recently joined?
Just try! You’ll be surprised by how much you can achieve when you let yourself try, and believe in yourself. And the support and banter in Viking will make working out the best part of your day.