Congratulations to Jordan Siembor for being our December 2020 Member of the Month here at Viking Athletics! Jordan alternates between morning and evening classes and recently snatched over 100 lbs. Check out her interview below.
- What are your hobbies/interest/talents outside of CrossFit?
I love to travel exploring new cities or countries, hike, and be in the sun – especially on a beach or at a lake. I only enjoy the snow when I get to ski.
- Share with us one thing that most people do NOT know about you.
My favorite hike I’ve done was Mount Rinjani in Lombok, Indonesia. It’s an active volcano and we got to spend the night at the rim of the crater lake. Also, I can fold my tongue into a three-leaf clover.
- How long have you been with us at Viking Athletics?
About a year and a half! I joined when I moved to Connecticut in July 2019.
- Take us back to your first week here. How did you feel? Remember the workout?
I could immediately tell the gym was filled with really fit people – somewhat intimidating to step into but everyone was very welcoming and supportive. Awesome environment to always have people that challenge you to be better. I was welcomed to CFR/Viking Athletics with Cindy as my first WOD.
- What moment/achievement are you most proud of at Viking Athletics?
I was stoked to hit triple digits on my snatch about a year ago. I would love to be able to hit the elusive body weight snatch – one day.
- Design your perfect workout.
1 mile run
4 rounds of 15 OHS (95/65#), 15 bar over burpees
1 mile run
- What is your least favorite movement?
- Summarize your lifestyle in 5 words or less.
Take risks, learn, have fun
- Have you experienced any changes in your lifestyle now that you have been a CrossFit athlete?
I am now able to tell when I’ve been sitting too long or if any part of my body feels tight. I stretch a lot more since starting CrossFit; I find it relaxing before going to bed.
- What advice do you have for anyone who is thinking about joining or who has recently joined?
Go for it! You get to meet a group of supportive people who are really invested in you being better every day. Our coaches have so much knowledge and will teach you everything you need to know (& more if you ask!) to feel safe and have a great workout.