Congratulations to Jen Schaefer on being CFR’s December Member of the Month. She is a loyal member of our Olympic Weightlifting classes and with good reason! Did you know that Jen is a national ranked weightlifter!? Read more below to get to know Jen!
1) What are your hobbies/interest/talents outside of CrossFit?
I’m obsessed with our dogs, your dog, that dog down the street… Honestly, if I’m not working or at the gym, you’ll find me on the couch with the hubs and way too much Netflix.
2) Share with us one thing that most people do NOT know about you?
I cry at parades and most live performances in general.
3) How long have you been with us at CFR?
Two and a half years the first go around, and I’ve been back since late summer.
4) Take us back to your first week here. How did you feel? Remember the workout?
The first time, I thought I was very fit walking in the door because I’d done a few half marathons. Then I got my ego handed to me and worked very hard. Simple things were hard for me- I was so afraid to jump on the boxes. I remember Rick Wells had a scale for me to hold on to a band from the rig to get over it.
This time, however, it felt like coming home even though there are so many new faces. I’m grateful for everyone’s welcoming attitude, especially the Viking Barbell crew.
5) What moment/achievement are you most proud of at CFR?
I’ve been adjusting my timing to get my lifts better. It’s been hard and a little frustrating, but in the long term it will pay off. I’m proud of my work ethic.
6) Design your perfect workout?
Max out snatch/C&J or Turkish Get Ups and double-unders.
7) What is your least favorite movement?
Wallballs are the devil.
8) Summarize your lifestyle in 5 words or less.
Never be satisfied.
9) Have you experienced any changes in your lifestyle now that you have been a CrossFit athlete?
CrossFit changed everything for me. I’ve been doing it for almost six years and it’s not only helped me physically, but has made me more confident and willing to take risks and try new things. It’s also been the way I’ve met some of the best people in my life.
10) What advice do you have for anyone who is thinking about joining or who has recently joined?
Show up, be coachable, and say hello to at least one new person every time.