Congratulations to Jacqui Fournier, our April 2022 member of the month at Viking Athletics! Jacqui is a member of our Viking Barbell club, and recently placed 5th at the Masters Nationals weightlifting meet!
1. What are your hobbies/talents/interests outside the gym?
I love feeding my family new flavorful recipes. No picky eaters at my house. I also enjoy reading a good book, and I look forward to backpacking trips in the spring thru fall. I’m also starting to dabble in woodworking. I’d love to convert a bus or a sprinter type van someday to travel in. Call it a retirement goal, so I’ve got some time.
2. What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
I lived out of a backpack traveling around here and there for awhile in my younger, pre motherhood years.
3. How long have you been at Viking Athletics?
It’ll be 4 years in September.
4. Take us back to your first week at Viking Athletics. Do you remember your first workout?
I don’t remember the workout specifically but I was a 5amer for the first couple years and that’s very welcoming group of people to train with.
5. What are you most proud of at Viking Athletics?
My recent meet total and snatch PR at USAW Masters Nationals in Utah. I couldn’t have asked for a better day. I love our team.
6. Design your perfect workout?
Snatch waves followed by squats.
7. What’s your least favorite movement?
8. Describe your lifestyle in 5 words or less?
Can’t stop won’t stop
9. Have you experienced any lifestyle changes since joining Viking Athletics?
Most definitely. I am a lot more in tune with my body, more comfortable in my own skin and a more confident person in general.
10. Any advice for those thinking about joining, or who have recently joined?
HAVE FUN and be yourself. Work hard but be smart. Stay inspired!