Congratulations to Emily Skane on being CFR’s August Member of the Month. She is a loyal member of the evening classes (usually 4 PM)!
1) What are your hobbies/interest/talents outside of CrossFit?
Answer: One of my favorite hobbies is running, which actually led me to CrossFit. I’m a huge fan of half marathons and any type of Spartan race.
2) Share with us one thing that most people do NOT know about you?
Answer: I’m a puppy mom to two cute girls- a boston terrier and a puggle and I’m in Physician Assistant school. It’s probably why I’m always so happy when I’m at the gym- it’s usually the only time I take a break from schoolwork.
3) How long have you been with us at CFR?
Answer: I started at CFR back in April of this year after moving from Quincy, MA.
4) Take us back to your first week here. How did you feel? Remember the workout?
Answer: My first week was rough. I had just taken 3 months off from CrossFit after moving to CT and it was not a good adjustment getting back into it. I don’t remember the workout exactly, but some combo with running and barbell work. I remember being in shock about how far out of shape 3 months off will get you.
5) What moment/achievement are you most proud of at CFR?
Answer: I’ve been practicing double unders religiously for the past 4 weeks and it’s finally starting to pay off!
6) Design your perfect workout?
Answer: Any chipper style work out, I love when longer runs are thrown into the WOD along with cleans and kettlebell work.
7) What is your least favorite movement?
Answer: ROWING. Not sure if it’s because the last two days had a decent amount of rowing or what but it always seems to beat me up in any workout.
8) Summarize your lifestyle in 5 words or less.
Answer: Never stop moving. My husband would tell you that I have a problem when he finds me vacuuming at 5am.
9) Have you experienced any changes in your lifestyle now that you have been a CrossFit athlete?
Answer: I’ve always focused on eating a clean diet but CrossFit has definitely enhanced my focus. I find myself more conscious about what and when I eat so that I will feel good for class.
10) What advice do you have for anyone who is thinking about joining or who has recently joined?
Answer: I would tell them to stick with it regardless of the workout. It’s never easy starting out and the first few months are tough but once you get comfortable it becomes addicting. It’s amazing to look back and see how far you have come in such a short time.