Christina Thomas-Walker – November Member of the Month
Congratulations to Christina Thomas-Walker for being CFR’s November Member of the Month. She is a loyal member of the 5am class! Most of us know she is a gymnastic wizard, but did you know she loves to snowboard as well?
1) What are your hobbies/interest/talents outside of CrossFit?
Answer: Gymnastics for sure takes up most of my interest however I love to go snowboarding during the winter. Any chance I get I try to take a trip up to the mountains in Vermont.
2) Share with us one thing that most people do NOT know about you?
Answer: Right after graduating college I picked up and moved by myself to Charlotte, NC after coming up with the idea 2 days prior. I knew nothing and no one, but I am glad I went for it.
3) How long have you been with us at CFR?
Answer: I joined in August 2017, so a little over a year.
4) Take us back to your first week here. How did you feel? Remember the workout?
Answer: I was definitely nervous joining a new gym not knowing anyone and the first workout being a partner workout. The workout was 2 rounds for time: 50 push presses & 50 T2B. I can’t remember exactly who my partner was, but during that workout the entire class was cheering each other on and that’s when I knew this gym was one I wanted to be a part of.
5) What moment/achievement are you most proud of at CFR?
Answer: Definitely my snatch. For the longest time I could barely get over 70 pounds. I have finally hit triple digits at the last competition at 105!
6) Design your perfect workout?
4 rounds for time (because we all know when we see 5 rds it makes the workout 10x worse)
10 handstand pushups
1 rope climb
10 kipping pull ups
1 rope climb
1 rope climb
7) What is your least favorite movement?
Answer: Double unders, my constant battle
8) Summarize your lifestyle in 5 words or less.
Answer: You won’t know until you try (6 words)
9) Have you experienced any changes in your lifestyle now that you have been a CrossFit athlete?
Answer: I have been able to focus more on things that I enjoy outside of work. My life had always revolved around gymnastics and I figured that is all I knew. Joining CrossFit helped me meet new people, learn/improve my skills, and keep that competitive itch.
10) What advice do you have for anyone who is thinking about joining or who has recently joined?
Answer: DO IT! It might seem scary or intimidating at first, but go at your own pace. You will be surprised at what you can actually do.