Congratulations to Anne Pinto for being CFR’s April Member of the Month for 2019. She is a loyal member of our Viking Barbell Club!
1) What are your hobbies/interest/talents outside of CrossFit?
Answer: I love to do “crafty” things, I have recently taken up the guitar again. I also volunteer at Westmoor Park’s Plant a Row for the Hungry where we grow vegetables for the homeless and elderly.
2) Share with us one thing that most people do NOT know about you?
Answer: I have two sons. My oldest, Bob is in the Tech field and my younger son, Will is an Iraq war veteran who is currently enrolled in college. They both reside in Boston.
3) How long have you been with us at CFR?
Answer: Six months
4) Take us back to your first week here. How did you feel? Remember the workout?
Answer: I was a little intimidated. Having come from a one on one training environment I spoke to my niece who has belonged to a box since high school, and she encouraged me to do it. (she will be competing in the Granite Games in MN next month, Go Molly!)
5) What moment/achievement are you most proud of at CFR?
Answer: Winning the Silver at USA Weightlifting Nationals and being invited to the Worlds in Montreal.
6) Design your perfect workout?
Answer: Any OLY workout followed by Pancakes
7) What is your least favorite movement?
Answer: Lunges, they make for very creative walking the next day…
8) Summarize your lifestyle in 5 words or less.
Answer: less intense than ever before
9) Have you experienced any changes in your lifestyle now that you have been a CrossFit athlete?
Answer: I am more aware of my nutrition and how it relates to my athletic performance. I had tried on my own several times to balance weight and strength with limited results, but I find now I am more aware because of my teammates, so I am sure the results will be better.
10) What advice do you have for anyone who is thinking about joining or who has recently joined?
Answer: Do It! Have fun!