2018 Intramural Open – Week 3 Update
Week 3 of the 2018 Intramural Open has come to a close, and Hustle for the Muscle has extended their lead while Flex Appeal and Just the Kip are in a close race for 2nd. We saw a slight dip in attendance for week 3 with 130 members participating (down from 136 in week 2, and 135 in week 1). Friday Night Lights had the same energy, which is impressive! It’s challenging to maintain the same level of enthusiasm for 5 weeks, but so far, so good. We had another tie for spirit points between Flex Appeal and Hustle for the Muscle. As a result, we split the 5 point bonus. Since I’m only counting in whole numbers, their 2.5 points were rounded up to 3 each.
And now, before we get to what everyone is waiting for, a few scoring reminders and clarifications:
- 5 points were awarded to everyone for completion – reps had to be judged, and I had to see a scorecard.
- 5 points were awarded to everyone who achieved their first pull-up, did their first WOD with double unders, did their first WOD with muscle-ups, did their first WOD with the Rx weight for overhead squats, or achieved their most consecutive double unders, muscle-ups, or pull-ups. Points were not awarded for most volume of pull-ups done in a workout. By this logic, I would have also had to award points to members who did the most total double unders or single unders that they’ve ever done in a WOD, which is just about everyone given the high volume in 18.3. I had to draw the line somewhere, so there it is.
- Divisions – As we saw last week, there were a number of different divisions based on age and scaling. This ONLY applied to 18.2, not 18.2A. For podium points in 18.2, we used the same breakdown as last week:
- For divisions with <5 people, 2 points were awarded to the top finisher
- For divisions with 5 people, 2 points were awarded to each of the top 2 finishers
- For divisions with >5 people, 2 points were awarded to each of the top 3 finishers
- In the event of a tie for a point position, the available points were averaged and divided among the tied athletes.