2018 Intramural Open – Week 4 Update
Week 4 of the 2018 Intramural Open has come and gone, and despite some bruised egos, we had a great week! Many of our members achieved their first handstand push-up (with a TOUGH standard no less), hit a new deadlift PR, did their first WOD with full range of motion push-ups, and we even had Coach Derek PR his “Diane” time!
Hustle for the Muscle continues to dominate; it’s hard to compete with near perfect attendance. Meanwhile, only 2 points separate Flex Appeal and Hustle for the Muscle in the battle for second place. Flex Appeal has pulled slightly ahead, helped along by their 5 point team spirit bonus. We have one more week to go, let’s up our attendance, keep hitting PRs, keep up the enthusiasm, and see what happens!
And now, before we get to the standings, a few scoring reminders and clarifications:
- 5 points were awarded to everyone for completion – reps had to be judged, and I had to see a scorecard.
- 5 points were awarded to everyone who achieved their full ROM push-up, handstand push-up, achieved a PR Diane time, or PR’d their deadlift.
- Divisions – As we saw last week, there were a number of different divisions based on age and scaling. This ONLY applied to 18.2, not 18.2A. For podium points in 18.2, we used the same breakdown as last week:
- For divisions with <5 people, 2 points were awarded to the top finisher
- For divisions with 5 people, 2 points were awarded to each of the top 2 finishers
- For divisions with >5 people, 2 points were awarded to each of the top 3 finishers
- In the event of a tie for a point position, the available points were averaged and divided among the tied athletes, rounded up to the nearest full point.